Sunday 22 January 2012

Book recommendations from 2011

Last year's highlights in books:
  • On the Philosophy front is Brian Barry's Culture and Equality. Well written, clear, and compelling.
  • On the Human-Computer Interaction front is Universal Principles for Design by Lidwell, Holden, and Butler. I've not managed to give this book the attention it deserves yet as it is sitting on my desk at work, and I've been working elsewhere for a couple of months. Good examples, a clear layout, and overall good design principles for interaction design.
  • On the Fiction front my highlight was the Malazan Book of the Fallen, which starts with Gardens of the Moon and culminates in The Crippled God. Sitting on my desk screaming out to be read is Orb Sceptre Throne by Esslemont, who is writing within the Malazan setting.
  • Honourable mention must be given to Christopher Hitchen's final work Arguably.

No comments:

Post a Comment