Tuesday 20 March 2012

Mass Effect 3: Bringing me up to speed

It is a good thing that Mass Effect 3 builds on what you've done in the previous instalments of the trilogy. It is also a good thing that you get a little overview when importing your previous game. However, I can't quite shake off a sneaky feeling that the main focus of this is to help people pick the right save game that they want to make use of. It did serve as a good reminder for me, but with a bit more effort it would have been even better. Here is the overview from my Mass Effect 2 game:


Sounds good right? Except.... I don't remember most of it. Apparently I sacrificed the Council. That seems a little extreme. I'm sure I must have had a good reason, but what was it?

This area of the software would have greatly benefited from more detail. Ideally little videos styled as documentaries or flashbacks, but I would have been happy with a little pop up box that filled in a few details (a few pictures would go a long way though... I did eventually recollect Wrex and Miranda, but an image would have helped me to make a quicker connection). The clue here is the last played date. Yes Bioware, your game was great, and I really enjoyed it. And of course I don't saving the galaxy every day, but y'know...I do that kind of stuff fairly often. 20 months is a long time to remember all the details of your game.  I also didn't have a clue what all my powers and stuff was when the bullets started flying.

Still, I survived a suicide mission with eight of my squadmates. We must have been pretty baddass eh? If only I could remember, or have a little video nudge to remind me of my glory...

No comments:

Post a Comment